Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Spruce Tree in Graphite

Thermometer Tree 4.5 x 5.25"

This is a drawing of a tree by our cabin's lakeside door. You can step out onto the deck and get a bit closer to the Big Lake (aka Lake Superior). It holds an old thermometer that seems permanently stuck on 65 degrees. This graphite drawing was done in a sketchbook made by Roz Stendahl of 180 gm Gutenberg paper. The paper is a dream to draw on, it provides just enough tug on the pencil and is a soft tan that is expecially nice if you are sketching in bright light.

2 comments:

Roz Stendahl said...

Diane, I love this drawing! What pencil hardness were you using?
Roz

havepencilwilltravel said...

Someone I know told me I should always make note of what I use to make an image. No notation on this drawing but my guess is that it is my ever-faithful 3B.